Lenten lunches started yesterday. They are held Thursdays from 12-1PM and rotate among several churches in Waterbury.
What are Lenten lunches? They are an opportunity to break bread together in unity and love during Lent in the Waterbury area. Lunch begins at noon with a short devotional led by the host church with lunch to follow provided by the host church. There is no charge for the meal but an offering basket is available to support the Waterbury Good Neighbor Fund which helps those in need in our area. Let us prepare in fellowship and joy to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus in the unity and love of the Holy Spirit from different churches but one in Christ.
Here’s the schedule:
- 2/19 at the Waterbury Congregational Church, hosted by Wesley UMC Waterbury
- 2/26 at & hosted by the Waterbury Congregational Church
- 3/5 at & hosted by the Waterbury Center Community Church
- 3/12 at & hosted by the Hunger Mountain Christian Assembly
- 3/19 at & hosted by Saint Andrew Church in Saint Leo’s Hall
- 2/26… To be announced
We hope to see you there!