Meeting House Arts is organizing a community art show in tandem with the Waterbury Arts Fest as a way to highlight the variety of our homegrown arts talents. This year’s theme is “SOMETHING NEW” — to be interpreted, used, responded to or connected with in any way with your work. What feeling, image, memory, or desire does the word evoke? Have you tried something new recently? New media, new experience, new subject, new project?
We are especially looking for artists and craftspeople in the area that may not show their work regularly but would enjoy the chance to share it with the community. Consider applying if you work in ANY media, from paint, pottery and photography to textiles, wood, assemblage, drawings, jewelry, music, poetry… We hope to show 1 or 2 pieces of each artist’s work. Work may be available for sale, or not, as preferred by the artist.
Participation is open to residents of Waterbury, Duxbury, Middlesex, Moretown, and Bolton. For visual art, your application consists of images of up to two pieces of your work for the exhibit along with title, media and dimensions, as well as contact information (including full name, phone and address). For spoken word or music, provide details in the application including what you want to do, how long you would like to perform, etc. There is a $10 application fee (scholarships available).
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Fill out this form and mail or deliver it (along with printed images of your work and $10 application fee) to Torrey Smith, Meeting House Arts c/o WUCC, 8 North Main Street, Waterbury, VT 05676. Applications due by May 15. If you have any questions, please email Torrey or call 802-244-8581. If you are unable to print at home, there are also copies available at the White Meeting House (8 North Main Street), just inside the side door.
DATES & TIMES OF NOTE
- May 15th– applications due
- June 1st, 5-7PM — Work will need to be dropped off at the White Meeting House. It must be display ready – that is, strung with wire or other hanging or stabilizing material as necessary. We will also have horizontal surfaces for displaying 3-D work.
- June 4th — An Artists’ Social for the exhibiting artists will be held 1:00 PM, followed by a public Opening Reception at 2:00. This is a really fun, friendly event and we hope all participating artists will come.
- July 15th — The exhibition will be open and staffed by participating artists on the day of the Waterbury Arts Fest, between 10:00 and 4:00.
- July 23rd, 4 to 6PM — Please plan on picking up your work on the last day of the show.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
Meeting House Arts is a collaborative project hosted by the White Meeting House. Its goal is to provide more opportunities for local artists to show their work, and for local residents to enjoy more art.