Christian Education Director
Purpose Statement or Mission:
To oversee and to provide leadership for /in developing, strengthening, and sustaining Christian Education programs designed to meet the needs of all the community members wherever they are in their faith journeys.
• Education Program Development for the entire church community. 1) Act as resource for current ideas regarding church school and Christian education activities. 2) Work with the Board of Christian Education to evaluate programs and develop new ways of carrying out program.
• Administration of education and youth programs. 1) Regular attendance at CE Committee meetings, Church Council meetings, and staff meetings. 2) Develop and implement a Sunday morning Christian Ed program in coordination with the Board of Christian Education. 3) Order, distribute, evaluate, and encourage effective use of curriculum material, equipment, and supplies.
• Designing new/desired education and youth programs.
• Lead middle school age – to high school age youth group(s). Procure parental support for youth group(s) meetings and activities.
• Provide leadership development for teachers, youth group leaders, youth leaders.
• Offer seasonal programming.
• Mission education/administration – includes carrying on existing children and youth mission programs.
• Work with confirmation team.
• Provide education about worship and leadership in worship.
• Encourage music programs within the general education program.
• Seek to provide intergenerational programming.
• Keep the church informed of activities of church school and youth groups.
o Prepare yearly budget with assistance of the Board of Christian Education.
o Prepare and submit Christian Education information for Annual Report.
Working relationships: Works closely with the Pastor, parents, teachers, volunteers and Christian Education Committee. The Pastor will provide direct supervision.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in teaching a must and church education based experience preferred. Skills in music and/or arts preferred.
Work Schedule: An average of 8 hours per week.
Contact the church at 244-6606 or email@example.com