As for the essence of all things, it is this [Qi or energies of divinity] that is life.Inward Training, Circa 4th Century BCE
Below it generates the five grains;
Above it becomes the arrayed stars.
When it floats between Heaven and Earth, we call it ghosts and spirits;
When it is stored within a person’s chest, we call that person a sage.
Because of our busy end of summer scheudles, our greetings and re-connections will take place over the course of the month, no doubt! It’s a beautiful and exciting thing . . . we’ll just let it happen and soak up the vitality it slowly pours back into our bones.
The first Sunday for our children’s church school will be this Sunday, September 8. Our choir will also sing for the first time since early June! Our welcome back potluck brunch will be after worship on September 15.
Other activities will be re-commencing and reconnecting early this month. Here’s a brief list:
- Christian Ed Committee Meeting — September 3, 5 p.m.
- Thursday evening Choir Rehearsal — September 5, 7 p.m., chapel
- Wednesday Bible Study — September 11, 9 a.m., Peter’s Study
- Laundry Love — Second Wednesdays of the month, September 11, 5 p.m., Waterbury Laundromat
- Welcome Back Brunch — September 15, 11:15 a.m., Dining Room